The European Biomass Association (AEBIOM)
The European Biomass Association (AEBIOM) is the common voice of the bioenergy sector with the aim to develop a sustainable bioenergy market based on fair business conditions. AEBIOM is a non profit Brussels based international organisation founded in 1990 that brings together 29 national associations and around 90 companies from all over Europe thus representing more than 4000 indirect members including mainly companies and research centers. AEBIOM holds a strong position representing all bioenergy sectors and has a unique possibility to influence European policies.
Our missions and goals
As displayed in its status 25 years ago, AEBIOM key missions and goals remained mostly unchanged and can be summed up within the 5 following objectives:
- To communicate to EU policy makers the opportunities and concerns regarding the development of bioenergy in Europe;
- To develop, deepen and disseminate the knowledge concerning the use of biomass for energy, from scientific, technological, economic, sociological, legal and political perspectives, as well as in any other aspect having a relevance at European level;
- To develop and promote the technical quality of the European bioenergy industry;
- To support any initiative at national and international level aiming at the promotion of the use of bioenergy;
- To actively promote the abolition of any technical or trade barriers which hamper the development of an open bioenergy market at European level.
For more information visit:www.aebiom.org